R. Michelson Galleries is currently seeking applicants to fill an Art Business internship in our Northampton gallery for Spring, Summer, and Fall internships.
For over 25 years the R. Michelson Galleries has represented many of world’s great artists. R. Michelson Galleries has built on the reputation its artists and is proud to be part of the greatest small art town in America. Our main gallery has one of the nation’s largest selections of Leonard Baskin’s sculptures, watercolors, prints, and fine art books, as well as an extensive collection of works by other outstanding contemporary artists. R. Michelson Galleries exhibits watercolors by Deborah Rubin, along with oils by Randall Deihl and Lewis Bryden, egg temperas by Mark Meunier, and Fred Wessel, and bronze sculptures by Greg Stone and Ernesto Montenegro. Our sculptors have created some of our nation’s major memorials, from the FDR Memorial in Washington D.C. to the National Anne Frank Memorial in Boise, Idaho. Our illustration gallery showcases many of the country’s most prominent children’s book illustrators, such as Maurice Sendak, Jules Feiffer, Dr. Seuss, Barry Moser, Jane Dyer, Eric Carle, E.B. Lewis, Mordicai Gerstein, Trina Schart Hyman, and Tony DiTerlizzi.
Art originally exhibited in our galleries now hangs in many of the most prestigious museums in America, including New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston and the Art Institute of Chicago.
The internship program at R. Michelson Galleries is designed to introduce participants to all facets of running a large scale gallery. Interns will be working directly as part of the team to keep things running smoothly. They will gain experience by:
• Working directly with media and press contacts
• Meeting with the local and national art community
• Learning archival art storage and framing techniques
• Using valuable real world communication skills
• Organizing client sales data via computer data entry
We welcome applications from undergraduates, graduate students, as well as recent graduates. Majoring in the arts is not a requisite but a strong interest in them is. Applicants should fill out the application form, being sure to complete all steps of the process. We will be accepting two interns for the Fall semester September-December. Please note on application if you want to start before school is back in session. Applications may be obtained from the school, from this website, or directly from the gallery. Please follow Application procedures when applying.
Please download and fill out the document and save with your last name in the file name followed by the words “internship-application.”
Ex. John Smith would save the file as: smith-internship-application.doc
Also name the cover letter and your resume in a similar manner. (i.e. smith-cover-letter and smith-resume)
Email the application along with resume and cover letter to: PG@RMichelson.com
Application Checklist to be emailed:
1. Copy of application.
2. Cover letter stating your reasons for participating in the internship program at the R. Michelson Galleries; what you hope to achieve from the experience; and how such an experience will help further your education and career plans. Please limit this letter to one page.
3. Complete resume of education and employment (If Available).
4. (Optional) Letter of recommendation. Letters may be sent in sealed envelopes signed on the outer flaps or as e-mails sent directly by the recommenders with applicant’s name as the subject to PG@RMichelson.com
Recommendations must be received by the deadline.
For further information about R. Michelson Galleries internship programs, please call (413) 586-3964, or e-mail PG@RMichelson.com.
We are currently accepting applications for:
Spring Internship (February – May) – Deadline: December 15th
Summer Internship (June – August) – Deadline: May 15th
Fall Internship (September – December) – Deadline: July 15th